DevOps Engineer- AWS (US Remote)
The DevOps Engineer is a technical expert responsible for the design, implementation, security and maintenance of DevOps infrastructures utilized by the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works closely with the technical and support teams to deliver and manage services with high uptime
- Advocate for automated processes to improve quality, deployment, and support of multiple products
- Build and maintain solutions and tools for automated builds, deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, and implement fixes for deployment and infrastructure issues
- Builds new environments and updates existing environments through use of automation
- Maintain cloud infrastructure for multiple products and services
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- You will build advanced computing systems that harness automation, continuous integration/continuous deployment and utilize the strengths of cloud computing to build scalable and economical systems for clients.
- Familiarity with some of the AWS analytics and ML services (Redshift Spectrum, Glue, EMR Spark, QuickSight).
- Proven track record of working as part of a team across multiple cross-functional groups.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Scripting and debugging in programming languages like Python, Ruby, Perl and POSIX or Bash shell scripts.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible/saltstack/puppet/chef/etc.)
- Experience with managing relational database systems in a production environment.
- Strong understanding of fundamental networking concepts.
- Experience working in agile environments, continuous deployment/delivery, and system automation tools.
- Additional relevant training courses (from colleges, universities, conferences or corporate) are a plus.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Working knowledge of build systems (we mostly use AWS CodeBuild)
- Working knowledge of deployment approaches (AWS CodePipeline)
- Working knowledge of automated test practices for infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Docker, ECS Fargate
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code practices(AWS CloudFormation)
- Working knowledge of secure cloud computing best practices
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance such as HIPAA, GDPR
- Exposure to Cloud implementations using AWS
- Good ability to derive and design technical specifications from general product requirements
- Advanced ability to remain current on new technology within the software industry
- Advanced ability to problem solve/diagnose in a technical space
- Good technical knowledge of broad business areas
- Work independently; receive minimal guidance
- Professional maturity in delivering difficult messages in a professional and empathetic manner
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills
- Excellent team player and contributor
- Able to contribute to moderately complex aspects of a project
Email cover letter and resume to Nicki@triceimaging.com
About Trice Imaging
Trice Imaging is a fast-growing global software company with a cloud-based platform that is changing the way medical data is stored and shared with patients and medical professionals. Our innovative solutions facilitate our mission – to provide quality of care for people regardless of who and where they are. Our service is available in 37 countries and we are rapidly expanding into new markets, segments, and partnerships with industry leading power brands. Working at Trice, you will contribute to real, mind-blowing innovation and be part of a team of inspiring, high-energy and outstanding colleagues distributed all across the US, Europe and Asia. Trice Imaging is headquartered in San Diego, California and has offices in Stockholm, Sweden. For more information, visit us at www.triceimaging.com